Sunday, July 17, 2011

The Universe Wants Me to Have a Trip to New York

"I'll try not to win another Wii this year," I said on the way to the company picnic. "This year, I'll win you a trip. A cruise."

My company's annual picnic is more like a day at Disneyland. Well, maybe Lagoon. Fair rides, snow cones, cotton candy, and prizes. Lots of prizes. In the years past I have my name has been drawn exactly twice. And both times I have won a Wii. Too funny.

We had a lot of fun. We...

...rode a horse



...ate cotton candy. Joci doesn't like it (Wha??) but liked to feed it to others 


...had our face painted



 ...jumped in a bouncy house




...rode the rides appropriate for a 2 year old 


...played in the water zone


...confiscated Mom's snow cone



I didn't think I would win anything. The chances are slim, plus I've had such luck in the past, it seemed unlikely. And then the CEO got ready to draw names for the last thing - the grand prizes. They were giving away three trips. The first person called would have their choice between all 3 - Oahu, Hawaii, New York City, and Washington, DC. In jest, I told Justin, "I would pick New York."

And then...they drew the name...and said..."From marketing, Lara Hays!" He mispronounced my name, saying it "Lora" which threw me off. I sat still for a second, and then my husband nudged me and said, "That's you! Go get your prize!!"

So I ran up and claimed the trip to New  York. I am sure a lot of people think I am crazy for not picking Hawaii, but I have been to Hawaii several times but I have never seen New York. I am so excited, I can hardly believe it.

So start spreading the news....:)


5 comments:

Mom on the Go said...

I was hoping to see you guys there, but with so many people I guess it's not surprising. As soon as they called your name I knew you were going to pick New York. Everyone sitting by me thought you were kind of strange to pick New York until I told them that you had been to Hawaii several times already. Fun!!

sara jane said...

I am Sooooooooo excited for you. My heart still lives in New York. Let me know what you have planned and I'll let you know if there is anything I think you are missing. You guys are going to love it!!!!! You deserve it! :)

Alicia said...

Totally awesome! I am very jealous. You will have a great time.

Sierra Williams said...

whaaaaa? sooo exciting!!! you better take pics and post them on your blog so I can live vicariously through you!

Liz Smith said...

LUCKY! i LOVE NYC. you are going to have a blast. enjoy it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Your Ad Here