Sunday, January 29, 2012

Joci's Prayer Tonight

I have to jot this down before I forget.

Every night before bed, we coax Joci to say her prayers. Some nights take more coaxing than others. She has a memorized routine that she cruises through. Occasionally she will throw something in original and I love getting glimpses into her brain. Tonight's prayer was precious.

A couple things first. She helped me make chocolate chip cookies tonight. She ate about 1/4 of the dough and kept snagging cookies, even after we brushed teeth. She stole her daddy's cookie too - he didn't have the heart to tell her no.

During bath time today, I told her that her cousin Haiden would get a new baby in his house soon (my sis-in-law is due in the next few weeks). She threw a tantrum and said she didn't want a new baby to come to Haiden's house, she wanted a new baby to come to her house.

Okay, on to the prayer.

I coaxed her through the first few lines.

Me: Bless Grandma because she had surgery
Joci: Bless Grandma because of Audrey. And Bless Camden. (Audrey and Camden are siblings and Joci's cousins). Bless I eat cookies. Bless I get a baby at my house....Amen.

Awww! She will get a cookie for breakfast and hopefully she won't be waiting too long on that baby.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't that sweet? How is your mom? Hopefully, she won't steal Haiden's baby because he is really getting ready for it as I am told. She might be such a great help to you when she gets a baby in her home. What a cute prayer.

Grandma Z

Stephanie May Anderson said...

That is so precious. I hope you get that baby to your house soon too!

Ahora said...

She so sweet! I'm sure her prayer will work miracles:)

Debra said...

What a sweet wonderful prayer! The prayers of children warm my heart!

BumbersBumblings said...

Sooo sweet!!

Frederick Family said...

How sweet. I love it!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Your Ad Here