Friday, January 27, 2012

Planning a Nursery with My Heart Unguarded

I have not felt nearly the same amount of anxiety with this adoption as I did with Jocelyn's. It's a double-edged sword. I have been a bit lackadaisical about getting my stuff together on one hand. On the other hand, I have completely let myself get baby fever. Which is fun. And scary because my heart is unguarded and I could get really hurt should the wait be long or we go through a failed adoption.

The situation is what it is, though.

I find myself doodling baby names non-stop. And I have started planning the nursery.

I don't have a true "before" picture. But here is the home of our future nursery. It used to be the guest room - but we are in the process of moving that downstairs. So far, we've moved the bed. And stored a lot of other junk in it. But this is what the room looks like now.



I will eventually remove the wallpaper, repaint, get a crib and decorate a nursery. I have it narrowed down to two themes: bumblebee colors and peacock colors. I want the nursery to be gender neutral and have good contrast for early visual development (in other words, I am not a fan of pastel nurseries).

Thanks to Pinterest and Google in general, I have some ideas I am playing with.

Bumblebee: yellow, black, and white.




Or peacock. Maybe not the animal per se, but the colors - teal, bright green, vivid blue, purple, gold, and tan.







What do you think?

So with my heart completely on the chopping block, I am having fun anticipating a new baby.

3 comments:

Kristy Skoy said...

My opinon, the yellow is to girl. If it had more black on the walls or something maybe it would be better for both. But I love the peacock for both! AWESOME!

Ashley said...

You know my thoughts.

Because you're legend-wait for it- DARY!

BumbersBumblings said...

I love the peacock! I wish I would've allowed myself to dream a little more about the nursery before he came. When he came, we only had about a week's notice and his nursery wasn't finished for months after!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Your Ad Here