Monday, March 26, 2012

A Hijacked Post: The Price We Pay

I adore Ashley. Simply adore her. Her blog hits home for me every time. And today it hits home so much that I am simply going to plagiarize it. Well, I'll link to it and disclaim that she wrote it, not me, so I think I am covered legally. Here is a snippet.

Most people get pregnant for free.  You know the story, a man and a woman love each other very very much, get really drunk, feel fat or are wanting to get back at an ex and share a special kind of 'hug' and two weeks later freak out because she's late and they're SCREWED.  No, if I want to get pregnant, I have to have a magic wand shoved into my patooter so that someone can see what's going on in my ovaries then give me crazy pills until said ovaries look like swiss cheese, stick a needle in my butt then have Efficient German Sex, void of nearly all romance and emotion because we're both freaked out that it won't work.  THEN I get to wait two weeks, panic each time I feel crampy, get my hopes up each time I yawn and then go in for bloodwork and another wand in my patooter to see if it worked.  Then I get to hand over $2000 regardless of the results. 

Read the whole post here.

Ten points for using the word patooter. Twice.

5 comments:

Ashley said...

My fall-back word is normally "Vagoo" but I didn't think it was humorous enough for the point I was trying to get across.

We need to be neighbors.

Frahs Family said...

My sister always said for most people it takes a man and a woman to make a baby. In our family it takes a man, woman, seven doctors, and hundreds of chemists. Unfortunately, that is getting to be common place.

Vanessa said...

I can relate! I've often wondered why it is so easy for some who are so...shall we say, under-qualified...Ahh...everything for a reason, though.

Jennifer Steinmetz said...

Story of my life...Thanks for the humorous reflection, Lara and Ashley!

Rachel said...

Cried through the whole post.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Your Ad Here