Thursday, March 29, 2012

I Thought We Wouldn't Be Alone Anymore

Yesterday I was thinking back to the summer of 2008 when we were getting approved for our first adoption. We had to go to these adoption classes in Boise. I really enjoyed those classes and many of the things I learned have stayed with me.

We were so excited to go and begin the eternal learning process about adopting. I was also really excited to meet other families like ours using the same program.

When we arrived for the two-day training, we were among about ten other couples. Everyone introduced themselves and explained where they were in the process.

Every other couple had biological children. Every other couple was adopting through either foster care or internationally.

We were the only couple who was unable to conceive a baby and were pursuing domestic infant adoption.

We loved our weekend. We made friends and learned so much. When I think back on that weekend, I am still surprised that we were alone in our situation - especially in the one place we thought we would be among "our people."

There's not really a point to this anecdote. Just a memory I wanted to write down. This experience has made me so grateful for the online adoption community and the kindred spirits I have met through blogging. Love you ladies!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Your Ad Here