Friday, May 11, 2012

First Look at Baby Pictures

I am tired but too excited not share some pictures with the world.

Our baby was born in the wee hours on May 9. I've heard 4 a.m. I have heard 2 a.m. Her birth mama was amazing and didn't go to the hospital until she was at a 7. Had the baby au naturel.

Baby weighed 6 lbs. 13 oz. and was 19 3/4 inches. My guess is that the due date was OFF. I don't think this baby was truly 6 weeks early!

We got up at 4 a.m. and flew out of Idaho. Connected in Salt Lake and then in Minneapolis. Our last flight was an hour late.

Finally got in around 7 p.m. Spent a couple of hours at the hospital and then we left to get food and a car seat. By the way, it was astoundingly tricky to find a Walmart in Arkansas. And seeing that this is the birth place of Walmart, we were floored.

Anyway, more details later. Enjoy these pictures. And I look disgusting. Gross hair. Giant shadows under the eyes. Kinda looks like I've been through fifteen hours of labor - or fifteen hours of security checks and flying! :)








13 comments:

Haylee said...

She is adorable. So precious and tiny (although, you're right, sounds like the dates were off because 6 lbs. 13 oz. sure doesn't seem like a 6 week early baby!). Congratulations again. How exciting!

kelley said...

So beautiful!!! Many many congrats! Yeah there is no way she was 6 weeks early. My baby was a week early and she was about that same size as yours. Best of luck with everything!!!

Chris Jones said...

What a beautiful family---travel weary and all ;-) Both of my Marshallese girls were full-term and within ounces of what your beautiful girl weighs--so I'm with you on the due date mix-up. Enjoy your time in AR.

Mel said...

Such a beautiful addition to your family!

Emily said...

Oh she is beautiful!!! WHAT'S HER NAME!??

Debra said...

She is gorgeous! I am so happy for you!

Kim said...

Wow, she is absolutely beautiful! Congratulations! Hope everything is going smoothly. I can't wait to hear more details and find out her name! So happy for you!

Meagan said...

I can't wait to meet her tomorrow! I am so excited for you and Justin and Joci!

Whitney said...

awwwwwwwwww! she is beautiful! congrats!

Alicia said...

Very good looking. She will fit right in with all the rest of you cuties.

Liz Smith said...

whatever, you look great!! she is simply darling. congratulations to you and your family. i can't wait for more pictures!

Shawn and Teresa Nilsson said...

Absolutely beautiful!! She definitely has the trademark Marshallese lips-perfect for little kisses!! If I would have known you were in MN, I could have brought you food or coffee or something. we're planning a trip to Springdale, AR this summer so please let us know if there's anywhere we must go, oh and where the walmart is ;)
I'm so happy for you!,

Kim said...

I knew someone who had her baby 6 weeks early, and this kid was 6 pounds also. Maybe she would have been a 9 pounder if born on time?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Your Ad Here