Wednesday, May 9, 2012

A Life-Changing Day


Today was everyone waking up happy and a few minutes early and snuggling and giggling in bed together. Today was seeing a voice mail from our birth mom but not having time to check it as we rushed out the door. Today was sewing a button my shirt at work right away because it popped off as I was getting dressed. Today was a confusing, broken conversation between myself and birth mom and birth dad...something about baby pictures. Today was a call from a translator a minute later telling me the baby had been born at 4 a.m. - six weeks earlier than expected. Today was exciting and overwhelming and exhilarating. Today was my tribe of coworker friends (I consider them all friends) coming together to think for me when I couldn't see straight - buying diapers, ordering flowers, booking hotels, booking rental cars, researching flights, making sure I ate, and hugging me nonstop. Today was my friends reminding me to stop freaking out and call my husband already. Today was constant shaking. Today was trying to finish work project and my boss telling me to leave already. Today was a box of diapers, wipes, and formula magically showing up on my desk. Today was my sister screaming so loud that her children thought something was horribly wrong. Today was my brother dropping everything to book flights for me. Today was scrambling all over town trying to find which store sells preemie clothes. Today was holding tiny onesies and having a sobbing fit in the middle of Walmart because I am so blessed. Today was ten bazillion texts and phone calls. Today was talking out loud to myself constantly because I kept forgetting what I was doing. Today was my parents dropping everything and driving nine hours to be here for me and Joci. Today was my husband giving me my Mother's Day presents early. Today was a touching conversation with Joci's birth mom about how I did a wonderful job making her feel calm and at ease and I can do it again. Today was five loads of laundry. Today was my brother watching Joci so we could shop/pack. Today was neighbors and friends asking if they can mow my lawn and care for my pets. Today was laying in Joci's bed until she fell asleep because I knew how much I would miss her. Today was tuxedo truffle cake to celebrate. Today was happy tears and grateful prayers and overflowing hearts.

Today was my daughter's birthday.



21 comments:

♥Kerstin♥ said...

What a wonderful blog entry. Gave me goosebumps. Congratulation on the birth of your beautiful daughter. God bless you and your family.
~KerstinDiana~

Life Happens said...

Wow, I second the goosebumps! Congratulations on the birth of your second beautiful daughter! Looking forward to hearing more details. ;0)

Liz Smith said...

congrats! she is beautiful!

hope2adoptbaby said...

She is beautiful. I bet you're dying to get there and see her in person. Shelby

Alicia said...

Wow! What a day! I am so excited for your family!

Mom on the Go said...

Goosebumps here too. So precious! Have fun and be safe!

Emily said...

Oh my gosh! I am crying! Congratulations!!

Haylee said...

Oh yay!!! I was super confused at first, thinking, her baby isn't due until June! And then I caught on. I'm a little slow, I suppose. How exciting. Congratulations, momma of two!!! Take lots of deep breaths and all the unexpected early details will come together in no time.

Kristy Skoy said...

Yep. Crying here! I am so happy for your family. What an exciting time! Keep us updated!! She is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

Beckie said...

Oh I am crying - so happy for you- chills fill my body -- I can't wait to hear more news on the new adventure- she is gorgeous- and perfect -- and YOURS!!!

Cherie Nelson said...

I'm SOBBING! SO excited for you!

As for premie clothes... I've had the best luck in the past at Walmart actually...

So how big is she???

~kamie~ said...

Those are my favorite kind of days. I am so excited for you!

Cayde and Brianna Taylor Family said...

So Beautiful. I am crying as I write this. What a wonderful day. What a little Beauty! So happy for you both. Good luck and may all the sleepless nights to follow be some of the best nights of your life. Hooray for Joci being a big sister. :)

MindySue said...

I am so happy for you and your family! Now, go get that baby because I want to see MORE PICTURES!! What a cutie!

Chris Jones said...

I am bawling my eyes out reading your post and remembering Maddie's birth almost one year ago! She is perfect! I can't wait to follow your journey--have a wonderful time in AR and try to relax!

Jewls said...

Oh. my. gosh!This totally made me cry! She's BEAUTIFUL!! Congratulations!!!!

Debra said...

Oh my gosh! Congratulations! I am so thrilled for you. What a wonderful entry.

Rachel said...

Beautiful happy love joy!

She's gorgeous! So excited to see pictures of you all together. Even more excited to see her in real.

Shawn and Teresa Nilsson said...

Congratulations!! I, like everyone else, am crying! Today, May 10th, is always Mexican Mothers Day and it is for you too! I'm praying baby is healthy and in your arms soon :)

Ashley said...

She couldn't be more perfect if you'd tried. What beautiful daughters you have!! Much love and congratulations!

Nate Voorhies said...

So this is completely random but a friend of ours sent us a link to your blog because you adopted a baby from the martial islands and we are adopting twins. The due date is August 11 and we are looking about our plans to head to Arkansas too. Is the lawyer you work with located in AZ?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Your Ad Here