Thursday, July 5, 2012

Books that Changed Me

When it comes to books I have read, there are handful that have stuck with me. Truly moved me, changed the way I thought and saw life, and changed me. They all fall into the Young Adult camp, which is probably why that's my favorite genre.

Letters from Rifka by Karen Hesse


Monkey Island by Paula Fox


A Separate Peace by John Knowles


The Giver by Lois Lowry


The True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle by Avi


Crispin: The Cross of Lead by Avi


Nothing But the Truth by Avi


The Outsiders by S. E. Hinton


Number the Stars by Lois Lowry 



What books changed you?

3 comments:

Jamie Boyd said...

The Giver is the only book on your list that I have read. I might have to try the others.

Amy said...

My all time favorite book is Les Miserables. I have read some that have given me a new perspective on life, and helped me to see how truly blessed I am. Those ones are A Thousand Splendid Suns, The Glass Castle, Schindler's List...that's all that's coming to the front of my mind right now. I can't wait to read some of the ones that you listed. Thanks for sharing.

Rachel said...

I've only read a few of these! I'll have to check out some of the others.

Three of my biggies are The Hiding Place (Corrie Ten Boom), The Bluest Eye (Toni Morrison), and The Good Earth (Pearl S Buck).

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Your Ad Here