I played with Noelle for about 30 minutes in the afternoon. She was happy. I had to remind myself that she sleeps so much of the day anyway, that she couldn't be missing me too much. A half hour is actually a significant portion of her alert time. These are the things I have to tell myself. : /
Lunch was awesome. There were other adults. Everything said was so hilarious. Perhaps my bar for funny is super low since I've been subjected to way too much Blue's Clues lately. But the conversation was awesome and it was a blast. I honestly work with some great people.
There were some hiccups. I had a deadline, and I ended up staying an hour late to meet it. That was not in the plan! My purse strap broke. My car seat is stuck in the base and won't come out (apparently this is a common occurrence with our car seat model; time for something new). I did not plan ahead and ran out of gas on the way home. I was able to coast into my driveway on fumes so that was good. We didn't get home until close to 7:00 and we were all hungry and cranky. I left my cell phone at work so I couldn't call my husband to see when he would be home. Other than that drama, it was a good day.
I am sad to not be spending every moment with Noelle, though. So I need to focus on the positives of work.
Things I am looking forward to:
- Earning money. Woohoo!
- Air conditioning. Hottest summer ever and I've suffered through every degree of it.
- Putting on pants and makeup every day will inevitably boost my self-esteem.
- Praise and rewards for doing a job well-done.
- My awesome friends and coworkers.
- The good cafeteria at work - no more making breakfast and lunch.
- Fridays mean something again (but so do Mondays - eek).
- Being so excited to pick up my kids at the end of the day. Best part of my day. I love it!