TV and movies aren't real. I know that...but art should imitate life, right?
I can generally suspend my disbelief. But I have a few bones to pick.
1. Girls don't wake up with perfect makeup. They probably don't sleep with makeup on, but if they do, it will be all smudgy and icky when they wake up.
2. If you remove a necklace by pulling it hard, the chain breaks. You can't put the necklace back on in the next scene. You need a new chain.
3. People are kinda funny looking when they sleep. Slack jawed. Drooling. Pillow creases. Weird positions. Sleeping is not nearly as attractive as it looks in Hollywood. Also, morning breath.
4. A sizable proportion of births in the United States are scheduled and induced. Water-breaking labor scenes make for great drama, but they are unrealistic.
5. While I am an avid real Christmas tree lover, the vast majority of people have artificial trees. It's so quaint that everyone in film goes to a live tree lot or the mountains for their Christmas foliage.
6. Engagement rings don't fit perfectly, especially surprise engagement rings where the girl had no involvement - you can assume she didn't have her fingered measured. They usually need to be sized.
What unrealistic things about movies/TV bug you?