Wednesday, October 3, 2012

My Novel Is Now Available



I’ve missed blogging.

Know what I’ve been up to? Besides 3 a.m. every night for a month?? Hehe...see what I did there?

This.


Now available for your enjoyment. Or your ridicule. Your response is of no consequence. I just want you to buy it. :)

My debut novel is now available on Amazon.com in ebook form for $3.99.
What is it about? Here is the official plot description:

The sway of playful palm trees and never-ending sunshine seem like a fantasy compared to the smog and filth of 18th century London. Thrilled for a new life in the exotic West Indies, privileged seventeen-year-old Tessa Monroe eagerly embraces her father’s reassignment to the fledgling Caribbean colony of St. Kitts where she can stake her claim as an up-and-coming socialite.

But that dream unravels when a hurricane downs their ship on the passage from England, leaving Tessa as the sole survivor. Rescued by a passing ship, Tessa’s grief soon turns to terror as she realizes she isn’t a passenger—she’s a captive.

With a future of slavery in the offing, Tessa joins forces with Nicholas Holladay, a charismatic sailor ready to break free from a life of piracy. Mutiny is in the air. Tessa and Nicholas will either win their freedom or earn a spot at the gallows.

As for a non-official book description, it’s a young adult historical romance. With an uppity girl. And a sexy pirate rebel. And sword fighting. And rum. And a creepy albino pirate captain villain. And romantic, moonlight nights perfect for falling in love.

I’m sure it’s not up everyone’s alley, but if you think you’d like to give it a try, I think you should too.

How to read it

This is an ebook so you have to read it electronically. If you have a Kindle of some kind, perfect. You know what you’re doing.

If you don’t own a Kindle, you can still read it.

If you have an ipod, ipad, or iphone, there is a Kindle app you can download and use to purchase and readKindle ebooks.

Kindle Cloud Reader lets you download any ebooks from Amazon.com and read them on your computer.

In the near future, Oceanswept will be available on other platforms including Nook, the Sony e-reader, in the Apple Store and more. I will keep you posted.

Oh, also I have an official author website (how pretentious, right?) LaraHays.com. I don’t know if you can follow it or subscribe to RSS feeds. It has info about my book, promotions, upcoming stuff, and a blog. The blog there will feature more writing-centric stuff and I probably won’t post there a ton. Pocket Full of Prose is still my main blog. Plus you’ll hear about my promotions and stuff here too.

I also have a Facebook page for Lara Hays Author. Please follow it. I need a certain amount of followers to access data reports, which would be so helpful.

This blog will get a little bit more attention now. Thank you to anyone who is still reading. I know I’ve had a couple of sparse months.

Here's to happy reading...and getting more than 4 hours of sleep! ;)

3 comments:

dust and kam said...

So exciting! I can't wait to read it! Congratulations!

Ashley said...

Awesomeness. I am totally buying your book and totally so excited for you. Totally.

Debra said...

That is so fabulous! Congratulations!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Your Ad Here