Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Melaween 2012 Melacropolis

I love Melaween. This year my department chose Ancient Greece as the theme. Now, not every kid identified the theme. Especially younger kids. But the kids who did were super excited and enthusiastic. Greek mythology was one of my favorite things to study in school. Plus the Percy Jackson books by Rick Riordian has also brought enthusiastic awareness to Greek mythology. 


 Mt. Olympus

Trojan Horse




Melacropolis

A perfect shade of Greek blue
  
Jeromy, the constellation Orion

Ashely as Eros (cupid) and Tisa

I am Medusa



Dan as "Danonysus, God of Grape Juice"



Tyler, Ben, and Kenny

Brian

Sara as the aunt's twin ("bipsy...bibopsy...there was a spine...it was my twin") from My Big Fat Greek Wedding

Mike

Ben and Steve

Ryan

Lisa

Debi

Ryan

I made the headpiece myself out of craft clay and headbands.

The group

Minotaur Kelly

The Goddess Nike

Amber is always serving others

Jessica

Zac the Greek fisherman

Dan again

Natalie


Lara, Dave, and Amber

Amber and Whitney

Sara and Amber passing out treats

Sheba

Cyclops munny

Look! It's a greaser from Grease

Amber

Temple details

Past Melaweens: Medieval Wild West, and Space.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Great costumes. That looks like so much fun.

Rachel said...

Oh my goodness. The bibiopsy twin! I love it!

Hays Family said...

You go to so much work for a fun time. Love all of your decorations and costumes.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Your Ad Here