Monday, July 22, 2013

The King Baby

I had something very important to tell Joci today. I thought long and hard how to tell her this news so she would understand the weight of the situation yet also be age-appropriate.

I sat her down and looked at her solemnly. I said: Joci, something very important happened today.

Joci: What?

Me: A prince was born today.

Joci: A baby prince! I want to see him!

Me: Well, we can't go see him.

Joci: Why not?

Me: He doesn't live here.

Joci: Where does he live?

Me: He lives in a place called England. It's a different country.

Joci: What's a country?

Me: Uh...just someplace far away.

Joci: What's the baby's name?

Finally starting to feel a bit silly.

Me: We don't know yet.

Joci: Can I see a picture.

Me: No.


This conversation actually happened.

3 comments:

Liz Smith said...

HAHA!!!! she probably wanted to say, 'get back to me when you have more info.' lol.

Shawn and Teresa Nilsson said...

Lol! That's great :)

Rachel said...

I read this aloud to my co-worker. Good stuff.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Your Ad Here